Saturday, December 01, 2007

Good Linkage

I thought I would do a post of some of my favorite sites online to shop for Christmas gifts on... for those of you who like to shop from the comforts of home and want to find something handmade or different. I have a bookmarks file the size of the New York library but here are a select few that I find particularly interesting and inspiring.

Wrapables

Etsy

Think Geek

Violet

Here are a few show stoppers I have found while window shopping...


These hand blown glass bowls can be found at MossOnline for $250. So beautiful!




We had these chocolates while in San Francisco and people... they are crazy good. They offer a multitude of gift boxes and other fancy treats at Recchiuti Confections online.




I am oh so very loyal to my Frye Harness boots. They are the most comfortable, long lasting, ass kicking, compliment getting boots you can wear. And they are super fantastic to give or get as a gift. They come in a few moderately different styles and a bunch of colors too.




This is the new Couture Blend Kit by Susanne Lang which can be found on Lucky Scent for $95. I love the idea of being able to mix your own scent on a daily basis... depending on your mood.



This is super cool... it's a Sun Jar by Suck UK. It's a solar powered LED light in a frosted glass jar. What a cozy night light! Greenergrassdesign.com has a lot of neat stuff other than this too so take a look around while you're there.

I also have a list of good alternative gift sites as well...

World Bicycle Relief... this is a great charity. They purchase bikes for AIDS care workers in Africa so they can reach more patients with meds and medical help in a more efficient manner.

Heifer International... Most of you have probably heard of Heifer, they offer a great alternative for x-mas gift giving. I mean, where else can you buy a water buffalo for someone?

Seva... I love this organization. We have donated to them several times in years past. For $50 you can pay for a surgery to restore sight to a blind person. They also have Native American programs and community development programs that are great.

The Nature Conservancy... these are good peeps working to protect some very important natural resources worldwide. They have a nice array of alt gifts.

No comments: