Thursday, March 12, 2009

Leaving Paradise Valley

Yikes! That sounds horrible doesn't it? I mean... who LEAVES Paradise Valley? Yeah, I know. Well... we are leavin'. The valley is the home of my friend's ranch where we have been hanging out and where we left the Airstream while we went to visit my family in Illinois. Today was our last day here before we roll down the road tomorrow to Mendocino.

I rode the ranch this morning with Brook, Riley and Taylor. It was a bit chilly and the smell of the cattle dogs running with us was ridin' high on the wind (PU!) but it was fun. The ranch is beautiful this time of the year.



Riley likes to "run the ranch" and when I say she runs it I mean she RUNS it. She gets out there and puts Forrest Gump to shame man....



Those are some short little legs covering a helluva lotta ground there people. If she is peelin' out like this at her age now I can only imagine what we have to look forward to in the years ahead. She will be running the Chicago Marathon at the age of nine.

This afternoon we took a break from loading the truck so that I could be a huge dork and jump in the bounce house with the girls. Dudes.... they have a full on bounce house. Like the ones at the county fair.... in their front yard. Jealous? Yeah, I thought so.



I will miss the girls until we make in back this way to visit again. They are so sweet and are growing up so fast! It has been a joy to hang out with them this winter. Taylor will probably be on a blackberry texting other toddlers the next time we see her.... but for now she is still a little chubba with perfect elbow dimples.



THANK YOU to Brook and Mike (and Sue and Les) for being so cool and making us feel so very at home here.

So off we go tomorrow to start our new adventure in Mendocino. We are pretty anxious and excited to see what it will be like there. I will post an update as soon as I can. Wish us luck!

No comments: