Sunday, May 27, 2007

Workin' For The Weekend

I spent most of the day today working on a new batch of goodies I am listing on ebay. Even though I swore up and down and wrote it out in blood on the ceiling of the Hall of Justice (Aquaman was there to bear witness) that I would never again allow myself to indulge in buying vintage for resale... it has happened. I have an illness. I cannot resist the treasure hunt. What must happen here is this.... I must sell 75% of what I have in stock before I am allowed to go out and get more. If any of you out there care to support my habit please rush immediately to my auction pages and bid like your life depends on it. My fave thing I have to offer is a bunch of pieces of Royal Crown Porcelain Ovenware from the 70's. I went blind with happiness when I found it.... but then I quickly crashed into the reality that I can't have it. Porcelain cannot live in a bouncity bounce trailer rambling all over the country. Sigh.

We are set up for most of June in New England visiting Billy's family. Our first night sleeping indoors was really almost surreal for me. The bedroom is huge in comparison to our bed space in the peanut and it is painted a pale watery blue. I lay awake most of the night feeling like I was laying at the bottom of a swimming pool. Weird. It's even more strange to be looking out the bedroom window at the trailer sitting out in the driveway. I think I am suffering a bit of separation anxiety.


Let me just mention it was no small task for Billy to get that trailer into that driveway. There were some high test moments when the front pan of the trailer was like a quarter of an inch away from scraping on those little brick walls at the base of the driveway. Getting it hitched back up on the slope of the drive may prove to be more of a task even than backing it in was. We will deal with that when the time comes.

2 comments:

StefRobrts said...

You mustn't leave us hanging as the source of your fridge and hot water heater misery. Enquiring minds want to know!

BTW, check out my blog to see what Airstreamers were up to on my end of the country this weekend.

Bethany said...

Hi Stef! Thankfully we have landed for awhile in a spot where we have access to an INDOOR fridge! We can't get the peanut in to a dealer until June 13th for a fix. So, we still have no idea what is up with the fridge, etc. I am guessing the whole board that covers the fridge, hot h2o heater and tank system monitor is fried. It will be interesting to see what they think caused all this.

I am heading to your blog now to check out your pics!