Sunday, January 27, 2008

Quickie

Yo. I felt I had to at least jump on here and write a quick note or two on our current goings on... I am so distracted by getting the house set up it has been hard for me to get focused and sit down to write a proper post. Out of the dozen or so times we have set up a temporary house somewhere in the states this has been the easiest. We already had almost everything we need to live in the trailer so we just moved it in. It's the organizing and figuring out the flow of the house that takes a week or so to settle.

The best and worst thing about this house is the fact that we are like two minutes walk from tons of fantastic restaurants. We certainly cannot afford to frequent them at this point in time... but guess what... we are not very good at resisting temptation. So far we have kept it pretty low key eating at the cheaper places that we love like Upper Crust Pizza, The Plaza Diner, Body Cafe and our favorite gelato place which is entrancingly now just down the street. I did freak out and buy a $13 sandwich from The Paris Cafe yesterday for lunch. Ridiculous... but delicious.

I will try to post some photos later tonight or tomorrow morning. I have taken lots, I just have not had time to get them uploaded. I am now off to lay down and let my brain stop spiraling out of control over where to put what for awhile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing your new photos and hearing that you are all settled...

Groover said...

I can't wait to see the pics. And is it as good as you imagined to have a bathroom again for a while? :-)

Suzanne said...

I have been reading your blog for what seems like forever and thought I might as well let you in on the secret. I adore you. That $13 sandwich was a bit over the top my dear! So I must speak.

XO Suzanne

Bethany said...

Sorry I have been terrible about posting and getting pics up. And YES Groover... having the bathroom is a maximum luxury experience. I don't have to wear rubber sandals in the shower or worry that some campground weirdo is going to wander in while I am getting dressed.

Hi Suzanne... thanks for popping in. And thanks for the concern over $13 sandwiches. Bread, mushrooms, onions and cheese certainly do not add up to a $13 price tag in a world of sane, compassionate individuals.