Monday, October 12, 2009

Nothing Much

Well... I just came from having three days in a row off and what do I have to show for it? Nuthin'. I still have a messy house and the inside of the fridge is like something out of a Tim Burton movie. We have been doing that thing that you do when you get lazy about cooking and you go to the store and buy three stupid things... only enough to make one half assed meal and then the next time you are hungry it's like "We were JUST at the store why don't we have any food?" And then you eat a pickle and mayonaise sandwich on questionably stale bread. I am almost tempted to take a photo inventory of some of the refrdgerated oddities we are housing right now. ALMOST tempted. But I will save you the horror.

So October is almost have gone and we have yet to take the Airstream out on a fall adventure. In a few more weeks it will be too late. Or maybe it already is too late? I dunno. I still want to do it. I want to go north to a lake and take the kayak out in freezing cold water under the electric blue NM sky for the day.

I did finally get a few new vintage listings up in my Etsy shop. The star of the show is a 1950's era Alfred Shaheen Hawaiian shirt. It's legit. Totally a collector's piece. It's a fabulous pattern in dark chocolate browns and terra cotta pinks.




The other favorite is a really sweet homemade cotton dress sewn out of the coolest woodland print fabric. It features lions, foxes, rabbits, quail and peacocks on a silver and black backdrop of leaves and foliage. Vibrant red flowers are peppered throughout for contrast. SO cute!




Today was my day at home alone while Billy went to cook up a few batches of toffee and caramel for the shop. I tried to get some more vintage photographed but instead I ended up just experimenting with the camera and photoshop... mostly because the lighting was awful and the pics were just not coming out the way I needed them to for my shop listings.

Here are a few random results.










What? Doesn't everybody spend a Monday doing this all alone in their apartment every so often? Rudy was here with me. He took the photos. He is an excellent photographer.

3 comments:

Momo said...

Good job Rudy.........but keep your distance from the crazy lady honey.....too many pickle sandwiches.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Well, ya already know I'm in the same place as you as far as "getting stuff done."

But hey--I love the photos! I'll probably be asking you (I mean, Rudy) for indoor photo advice soon.

jani said...

Kudos to Rudy!
It's getting mighty cold here in NJ, your weather sounds perfect. I'm sure cooking in the apartment is easier than the Airstream, but RV-ing does get under your skin.
xxx