Monday, October 05, 2009

About the New Header

The alternate foot note on the new header was "Takin' it to the streets." It was a hard choice but I went with takin' care of business instead. It felt right.

So pretty much all there is to say about this is that Billy and I have a habit of bringing home chairs... office chairs to be exact, that other people have left out on the curb as garbage. Why? Because we like them. Again... Why? I can't say. It's free? It's a free office chair? There is no good reason for this behavior. All I can tell you is that finding free office chairs is somehow exhilarating for both of us. And if it's wrong to feel that way I don't want to be right.

We found this one a block or so down the road from our house and Woo Hoo! We brought it home. Billy is sitting in it now to paint. The last chair we took from a curb was in this very same neighborhood a few years back and it was lovingly referred to as "the captain's chair." We sadly parted ways with it at a garage sale when we left to travel in the Airstream.

Anyway I think you can see the genuine excitement on Billy's face here about his new seat. We now have a random assortment of chairs in our living room that is really quite ridiculous. And now you know one of our dirty little secrets. We take garbage chairs. We can't help ourselves.




And if you never hear from me again it's because Billy killed me when he discovered this post.

Also...I'd like to say thanks to the good folks in the east side neighborhood for throwing out perfectly good office furniture.

No comments: