Thursday, December 18, 2008

Donkeys and Dolly


Yeah. Here on the ranch we let the babies handle things. All the ranch hands are toddlers and they wear red velvet. It works out. It's a little like having a crew of Oompa Loompa types running your chocolate factory.



Here you see Taylor explaining a few things to Sassy and Ollie. It probably had something to do with the fact that they tried to trample Rudy yesterday.... I will say that Rudy started it by harassing them. The mules took his attack and turned it right around on him. Serves him right. Rudy has a real problem with controlling his feelings of aggression toward the larger four legged animals on the ranch. We are trying to teach him anger management but so far it is really just pissing him off even more.

I don't have too much to report here. It has been pretty mellow and Billy has been painting while I work on various crafty stuff that has been on the back burner for a long time. I will say this... last night we watched what could possibly be THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE, "Rhinestone." Somehow we sat there and watched it all the way through even though there were moments when I had out of body experiences induced by toxic levels of bad acting and dialogue. The movie has Dolly Parton in it which is what carried me. I have sort of a sick love for Dolly. I remember being mesmerized by her when I was a kid and I suppose the effect has never quite worn off. I don't have a sick love for Sly Stallone and he is also in the film. In fact he just sort of makes me sick. Allow me to shave a few years off your life by offering up this clip from the movie for your possible confusion/revulsion/enjoyment...



If you just made it all the way through that clip then I am both impressed and dismayed. But it is almost like we have just become blood brothers having both seen it and survived. I am sorry I did it to you but I could not bear the weight alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you watched that movie.

Anonymous said...

I'm so buying the soundtrack...